Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I am the 'Evil Food Nazi'

I am the 'Evil Food Nazi', as my 10 year old brother Jacob has labeled me..

I suggest making him food almost every time I see him.. sometimes he is grateful and eats, but sometimes he take out his hungry frustrations out on me and call me the Evil Food Nazi..

But I don't mind the title at all. I like food.. nay, I LOVE food..

While I am not so much concerned with gourmet, extreme-quality kind of food, I have been known to be obsessive about eating vast quantities of good food every meal..

I love that 'cant-take-another-bite' / Thanksgiving Dinner / 'no thanks, I'm full' kind of feeling.. I love how food satisfies.. I like making 4 or 5 course breakfasts that IHOP can't hold a flame to.. Blueberry waffles, crunchy bacon, fluffy eggs, sausages, peaches.. yum..

I have come to grips with the fact that God decided to give me a body with an ultra-fast metabolism.. It may sound nice, but I have found that my mood / energy levels are unusually dependent on my diet. When I don't take in as many calories as I am burning off, I get frustrated and agitated much quicker than usual.. My temper is not as shy as it normal is, and I feel lethargic and uninspired when I look at my to-do list.. My thoughts drift off into negativity, sometimes even to the point of self doubt and self pity..

You may think that I am over stating the fact, but this is how I feel when I don't eat properly. I have also observed this behavior in my family and have found it to be a major source of contention in the home. These emotions, caused by a lack of food, promote misery, anger, and they interfere with life..

If fighting these negative emotions turns me into the 'Evil Food Nazi' that Jacob calls me, then so be it.. but I should note that 100% of the time, he has felt better and apologized after eating whatever this 'Evil Food Nazi' had to make for him :)

Let's hear it for food !!

No comments: