Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wedding Registry Shopping

Kendra and I are going registry shopping today.. we're going to hit the usual spots for kitchen things, towels, etc.. target, bed bath and beyond.. but I am looking forward to seeing what Best Buy has to offer :)

I have heard from my friends who have tied the knot that a super-nice $200+ vacuum cleaner makes the BEST wedding gift
..

how is this possible ?

it's an overpriced vacuum.. all it does is clean.. it doesn't entertain, do any tricks, or do anything that a $50 vacuum can't..

I want a 42" wall mounted widescreen HD-TV w/ VGA port (computer's video card input).. I have this glamorous image of playing Company of Heroes or surfing the web on this massive screen.. the best part is that I can do so from the comfort of my couch with a wireless keyboard / mouse.. Another bonus, is I can install a Dish-722 to this monster.. HD-DVR Dual tuner.. I can get the programming for free cuz It will be my business' showcase receiver..

boo yah grandma.. boo yah..

So let's compare.. a super-duper vacuum cleaner who's claim to fame is that it literally sucks..
or my awesome TV that can split-screen Sportscenter AND my rockin computer games at the same time :)

I think if I ask my Special-K very nicely, she might let me scan one in today when we go shopping..

PS - This pic is completely irrelevant, but I thought it was the coolest thing ever..

8 comments:

THE JONES FAMILY said...

Wedding shopping?? So then I read more of you blog. And you getting married?!?! That is so excited....im so happy for you. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys had fun shopping! Andy and I had such a fun time scanning stuff into our registry.

Tawna said...

Hey Congrats on the wedding, cool pic, did you take it? When is the big day?

Tenille Gates said...

hey mike, its Tenille!! Congrats on the wedding news! im excited for you :0) glad to see that all is well! Take care

Julie Barnes said...

I should have known you were a blogger. Check mine out at julieandstephen.blogspot.com You two are SO cute together!

The Huffaker Family said...

Mike!!! It's been a long time since we've talked to you! Tony and I wanted to tell you congrats on your upcoming wedding. You are going to love being married!!! Talk to you later,

Tony and Val

Spencer and Aly Larsen said...

Hey sorry I missed the wedding, but Congrats anyways! Married life is the best!!! We are still in provo south of campus, so we should totally get together for game nights and barbeques and whatever! Take Care!

Aly

Jenna D. said...

"claim to fame is that it literally sucks" HA HA. I almost died laughing.