Thursday, August 14, 2008

The bookstore

About 6 weeks ago (or so) I bought my books for summer term. I spent a whopping $290.oo. I almost never spend that much on books, but somehow there was no way around it this time. So I grudgingly put down my bank card thinking that at least I would get a decent return. Little did I know that they only would accept a certain number of the most expensive book back. So I wandered up to the counter thinking, "Boy I could go to Kingman on this money!" But as fate would have it, not only had they just barely met the quota for me very expensive book, but mine did not come with a cd. I didn't know there was supposed to be a cd. So needless to say I almost cried when the clerk told me it was worth $4. Yup, my $100 book was now worth $4. She asked if I wanted to keep it...was she nuts! It is not worth $4 to me. So from my original purchase of $290, I got back $113. They make a killing off of books...I got only a third of what I paid...and most of my books were new! Anyway that is my rant for the day. Two tests down, one to go! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

Good luck on the test... however, I believe you are all finished. I sure wish you were driving to kingman september 1 - 6 ha ha ha, but you will be back in school. I finally posted a blog and added a picture of the baby... weird. Anyhow, book stores are ROBBERS!