Wednesday, July 23, 2008

As good as sold!

So our landlord call this morning, and our contract for our wonderful apartment is sold. I am going to miss this place. We have worked so hard to make it our home. All the painting and all the scrubbing goes to $25 more a month for the next tenant.
It just feels like our home, but at the same time it is missing something. Maybe we are missing chairs for our "Malone" table (Mike thinks is tall enough for Carl Malone), or perhaps we are missing a side table...or just maybe it isn't furniture at all. I just feel like something is missing from our little family. But just as I begin feeling motherly, I called my mother and found out that Spotty is going to be a father! And the best part is, I get one of the puppies! But I am not sure I really want one (think of the training!). But that nagging void pulls me toward the animal shelters and pet stores. I miss having a four-legged cuddle buddy.

Now this poses a problem if we are moving to Hawaii. One-will we be able to have a dog? Two-how will we get the puppy to Hawaii? Three-What will we do with the puppy while we are at work?

Oh Man I really want a dog!

I love my husband! He did the grocery shopping, and bought me roses. He is so thoughtful. He set them up in our bedroom with romantic pictures set up all around. He really is the bomb, I can't imagine a better fit for me. I really love this man. But back to my original point. He too feels like something is missing. He likes the idea of getting a little dachshund to run around our feet, he also likes the idea of other little feet. I think I am getting more open to the idea. (wink wink!)


So many things are changing. We are moving. I might change majors. We might get a dog! I might transfer to BYU Hawaii...It doesn't seem like alot, but to me it feels like alot. Anyhoo that is all I have for now.

1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

trust me, that is a lot of change! moving is a huge task. I wish you two the best of luck. Sounds like fun. We are not even settled here and I want to buy a home. NOW is the time for us, we just own a home in gilbert, so I guess that is that... apartment life for us forever! Anyhow! Have fun and good luck with the changes!