Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Running, how I hate thee.

So Mike and I decided to become more active, i.e. playing racquetball, hiking, and just getting into shape. I know my cardio strength is nearly nonexistent, but it is getting ridiculous. I have been jogging only a half mile in the mornings now, and I think I am getting worse! How is this possible? When I started, I wasn't out of breathe until 1/4 mile, now I can't even go 100 m with out losing it. Running has never been my forte, but come on people! I don't understand how my sisters can run half marathons and I can barely make 3/4 of a mile. Maybe you have some suggestions and pointers.

2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

running is the ultimate beat down. I can't run for more than ten minutes now... just take it slow it will come, but you can NEVER take a break or you start at the beginning! You can do it!! Do it for me because I am missing the pavement!

Anonymous said...

The only suggestion I can give you is: keep on running! I know it's the last thing you want to do when it sucks, but your body will learn how to deal and be more efficient. If you guys have access to the gym, cross-training can be good too. The important thing is to train your lungs, heart, and body to work as a team.

Keep up the good work! :)